Saturday, August 9, 2014

Emmerdale, my personal story....

I am struggling watching Emmerdale and the current story line with young mum Donna dying of cancer. Wanting to make her small daughters life easier by not telling her she won't be with her for much longer. This is a bit to close to home for me. I know i was a little older, but not much, no-one prepared me for losing my dad, In those days, i dont think they thought about the effect on the kids. We were passed to neighbours to look after whilst the family grieved together. There was no one to talk to, no counselling like there would be nowadays. We didnt go to the funeral, so i have always felt there was no closure for me. I really wish that someone had sat my brother and i down and explained what was going to happen, my Dad was ill for 18 months, so they did have time. I really hope that the writers of Emmerdale decide that the storyline should include telling the child a little of what is going on, but i dont think i will be watching. I still struggle a lot with my feelings over this, and a lovely lady called Liza, has suggested i see a bereavement counsellor after all these years

No comments:

Post a Comment